Grant of 22.3 million euros for the Turkish Cypriot community
Under the European Union’s Financial Assistance Program, a total of € 22.3 million was allocated to the Turkish Cypriot community through various projects on economic development, infrastructure, the environment and the Turkish Cypriot community to bring together the EU.
According to the European Commission office in Cyprus, the EU support is provided to non-governmental organizations, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized enterprises, rural farmers, schools, continuing education institutions and local communities.
- 2.3 million euros for 8 contracts in the areas of democracy, human rights and freedoms;
- 3 million euros for "Innovative entrepreneurship and dialogue";
- 14.2 million euros for infrastructure;
- 1.5 million euros to support Turkish Cypriot grant programs;
- 1.3 million euros for innovations and changes in the educational program.